Tuesday 11 May 2010

Graveyard Train

During my time in Australia I discovered a band called Graveyard Train. I read a review of their album in one of the free local music papers and while I thought it was the most pretentious piece of music journalism i'd ever read I was intrigued by it. It was essentially a four paragraph horror story that had no mention of the band, their music, nothing. Just a story. Anyway, I went to see Graveyard Train at their album launch and was blown away by them. They play 'horror country' and as soon as they started playing I tried to work out how I could rip them off. Not just rip them off a bit but totally.

I had never saw a band who's lineup included two guitars, banjo, upright bass, slide guitar, washboard, crucifix, and hammer and chain. At one point they had twelve people on stage and they were all singing. It was pretty amazing.

Well, here's their video for 'The Balled of Beelzebub'. Enjoy.



And I really want to get a read of that review again.

1 comment: